Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Top Chop Kau

"Top Chop Kau" - A Top-Notch Editor

Tops was my mom's shih-tzu when I was a kid.  He was treated like royalty and ruled the house. In my next life, I wanted to come back as him.  She said his AKC name meant 'top dog'.

In my quest to become a documentary filmmaker, I had forgotten my childhood dream of being a journalist.  When the opportunity arose to apply for a position as the Editor-in-Chief of The Mesquite, the newspaper of Texas A&M University - San Antonio, I thought, "I could do that job, and I could do it well."  A filmmaker is, after all, a journalist of another kind, who relies on some of the same principals of appeal and organization.  With my sales and marketing background, and a solid three-year internship at the newspaper, my recent educational accomplishments, I thought, "I'm a pretty good pick."

After a nail-biting month, the phone rang while I was in Biology class and I had to watch it roll to voicemail.  When we got a break I grabbed the phone and checked.  It was Professor Moore, they were pleased with my interview and I got the job!  I am really excited about it and I can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment